Thursday, November 24, 2011

Voodoo Knife Block




Does fashion need to end on the wardrobe? I got myself one of those Red Voodoo Knife Block sets because I fell in love with the little red man. He has a bit of the devil about him... ordered from here...

I was actually reminded of one of those little wooden artists mannequins...


I used to own one of those when I was little and was always struck how how placid they looked ..... yes, yes I know that it's a lump of wood joined together by pins - but that doesn't mean that I can't empathise with it does it?


The voodoo knife block is almost the exact opposite of this little wooden man - firstly he is made of plastic that wholly non-organic, man made, unnatural material. Secondly he is not standing in a relaxed pose but is clearly in an anguished stance. The momentum of the stabbing knives has forced him onto his back foot.

So why do I like it soo much? Because of the fragility of it - that man clearly needs some assistance - I can help him, I can put the voodoo man back onto his feet.



No comments:

Post a Comment